TEMPO MEMORIA, DARING THE DREAM AGAIN – MUSEO MIIT – TORINO DALL’8 LUGLIO AL 20 AGOSTO 2016
TEMPO.MEMORIA , Daring to Dream Again, Show in Turin (Italy)
DALL’8 LUGLIO AL 20 AGOSTO 2016
In un mondo di grandi cambiamenti e in costante movimento, quali aspetti della vita rappresentano i valori più importanti che resistono al tempo? “Il tempo è un’illusione”, affermava Albert Einstein, La mostra “TEMPO. MEMORIA” progettata e curata da Sergio Gomez (curatore e titolare di Art NXT Level Project/33 Contemporary Gallery) presenta una selezione accurata dei migliori artisti della galleria e della ZB Center di Chicago, in un’anteprima internazionale targata Museo MIIT. Gli artisti rappresentano molte città e nazioni, tra cui Chicago, l’Illinois, New York City, Miami, la Florida, ma anche Messico, Corea, Filippine, Perù Germania, Iran.
1. ABOUT THE EXHIBITION In a world of rapid change and constant motion, what aspects of life linger, populate and ultimately survive the passage of time? “Time is an illusion” Albert Einstein The TEMPO. MEMORIA: Daring to Dream Again project curated by Sergio Gomez (curator and owner of Art NXT Level Project/33 Contemporary Gallery) presents a riveting exhibition exploring the themes of TIME and MEMORY from a variety of world perspectives. From cultural, political, psychological, religious, or personal view points, curator Gomez invited a selective group of international artists to visually articulate and interpret to their discretion ideas of time passing, memory, dreams and our personal perceptions on such concepts. The exhibition will feature twenty-ﬁve extraordinary visual artists representing the United States (Chicago, Illinois, New York City, Miami, Florida), Mexico, Korea, Philippines, Peru, Germany and Iran. This international exhibition invites the viewer to an exploratory journey experiencing global interpretations of TIME and MEMORY while reﬂecting on their own personal emotions and memories.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM (www.italiaarte.it | www.museomiit.it)
2. The MIIT is a new museum exhibition space located in the heart of the city of Turin, Italy, in an ancient palace of the 1700’s and in a fervent neighborhood of galleries, museums and foundations. It is strategically located a few steps from the Egyptian Museum, the National Museum of Cinema at the Mole Antonelliana, Palazzo Madama, the MAAO Museum of Oriental Art, the Royal Palace, the GAM and to all major cultural and tourist attractions of the capital. The word “MIIT” in some foreign languages, evokes the idea of “meetings” cultural and artistic, recovering from the English word “meet” and the German “mit” the sense of sharing and exchange of experiences and knowledge. Partners and collaborators of the MIIT include museums, foundations, academies, auction houses, universities, galleries and public and private collections, archives of historical art, the Italian Cultural Institutes around the world, and the Italian company Made in Italy which the MIIT and its monthly magazine “Italia Arte” have established working relationships and cultural connections over the years. The MIIT museum was formed to create artistic and cultural exchanges with the most important national and international organizations, including museums, foundations, academies, universities, archives, and art galleries. The museum devotes some of its galleries to artists and curatorial projects organized by these institutions becoming an international showcase of contemporary art in the heart of Turin, the contemporary Italian capital.
3. The Scientiﬁc Committee of the MIIT is composed of journalists, historians and art critics, collectors and industry professionals. Guido Folco, historian and art critic, independent curator, publisher and editor of the monthly Italia Arte Magazine and numerous other publications is Director and President of the Museum. ITALIA ARTE MAGAZINE Italia Arte is the main publication of the MIIT museum and its dedicated to art, international culture and the diﬀusion of Italian art. Published in both Italian and English, the publication reaches the major cultural Italian institutions.
4. ART NXT LEVEL PROJECTS/33 CONTEMPORARY (www.33contemporary.com | www.theartistnextlevel.com) 33 Contemporary Gallery is a Chicago-based ﬁne arts gallery with eleven years of experience. The Gallery is a multipurpose space that functions as a project-based contemporary art gallery welcoming exhibition proposals from local, national and international artists and curators alike. Our purpose is to promote and facilitate collaborations through the gallery, online presence, mobile media, and to provide the diﬀusion of cogent art project initiatives. 33 Contemporary Gallery is located on the fourth ﬂoor of the Zhou B. Art Center. ABOUT THE CURATOR (www.sergiogomezonline.com) Sergio Gomez, MFA is the Curator/Director of Exhibitions at the Zhou B. Art Center, Director of 33 Contemporary Gallery, co-founder of Art NXT Level, founder of Ampliﬁed Art Network, Chicago-based visual artist, contributor for Italia Arte Magazine, and founder of VisualArtToday.com. As a curator, Sergio Gomez has organized over 100 exhibitions such as “The National Self-Portrait Exhibition”, “Get Real: New Figurative Realism in Chicago” “CelebrARTE”, “Chicago’s Twelve”, “Chicago’s Twelve at Garﬁeld Park Conservatory”, “National Self Portrait Exhibition” and the “National Wet Paint Biennial MFA Exhibition” which has become a catalyst for emerging painters across the country. Sergio has established international art collaborations in Italy, Austria, Mexico, Spain, Chile and China. He has curated special projects for the Chicago Park District, ArtSpot Miami International Art Fair during Art Basel Week (2013, 2014), National Museum of Mexican Art, and Expo Chicago (2014) among others. As a visual artist, Sergio’s work has been subject of solo exhibitions in the United States, Mexico, Italy and Vienna. He has participated in numerous group exhibitions in Spain, Sweden, London, Mexico, Kairo, South Korea and the US. His work can be found in private and public collections of the National Museum of Mexican Art, Brauer Art Museum, and the MIIT Museo Internazionale Italia Arte among other public and private collections.
5. CONTACT USA Sergio Gomez Zhou B Art Center 1029 W. 35th Street Chicago, IL 60609 email@example.com 708-837-4534
ITALY Guido Folco MIIT Corso Cairoli, 4 10123 Torino, Italy firstname.lastname@example.org +39 011.8129776
letto (475) volte